LACNIC On the Move – Guatemala 20/22 marzo
The first edition of LACNIC On The Move 2017 will be held on 20-22 March at the Hotel Hilton Garden Inn in the city of Guatemala, with the collaboration of the Guatemala ISOC Chapter and Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones de Guatemala (SIT). The event will be held together with ISOC and the ICANN Roadshow.
While participation in the event is free, the number of seats is limited so pre-registration is required. Registration to the event does not guarantee your participation. Beneficiaries will receive confirmation from the organizers in the days prior to the activity. LACNIC On The Move Guatemala will focus on sharing information, experiences and best practices in cybersecurity, IPv6 deployment, as well as key Internet Governance issues currently under discussion at global level.LACNIC On The Move - Guatemala
LACNIC On the Move
The Internet Address Registry for Latin America and the Caribbean (LACNIC) organizes a series of events in Central America and the Caribbean called "LACNIC On The Move". These events focus on Internet communities, governments and key players of the Internet ecosystem and seek to share information, experiences and best practices on IPv6 deployment; promote the creation of Internet Exchange Points (IXPs); computer security issues; and key global Internet Governance topics currently under discussion.
Following the success of the 2015 editions of "LACNIC Caribbean On the Move," we are now expanding "LACNIC On the Move" to Central America and the Caribbean in order to promote and develop common regional agendas and ensure that all Latin American and Caribbean stakeholders can participate in the construction of an Internet at the service of our social, economic and cultural development.
Each of these events will be held over one or two days; ideally, they will be co-located with another IT-related event in each country. LACNIC has great interest in partnering with other interested organizations, including, but not limited to, professional ICT associations, universities, governments and regulators.
The goals of LACNIC On The Move include:
- Fostering closer relationships among the various Internet actors and stakeholders
- Creating awareness among different audiences about LACNIC, the Internet ecosystem and numbering resources
- Providing information on the technical services offered by LACNIC, including Internet number resource requests, management and certification, and offering a high-level overview of IPv6 network management
- Sharing information on the policies that apply to Internet number resource allocation within the LACNIC Community, Policy Development Processes (PDPs) and other current issues
- Raising awareness on general aspects of Internet governance, key issues such as IPv4 address exhaustion and IPv6 adoption, as well as on specific Internet Governance issues currently under discussion
- Encouraging the Community to participate in LACNIC on important issues affecting regional Internet development