La tercera edición LACNIC on the Move 2017 tendrá lugar los días 22, 23 y 24 de noviembre en la Universidad EAFIT en Medellín, Colombia. La actividad se celebrará en conjunto con el MINTIC ( Ministerio de Tecnologías de la Información y las Comunicaciones de Colombia).On the move, Medellín 2017
LACNIC On the Move
The Internet Address Registry for Latin America and the Caribbean (LACNIC) organizes a series of events in Central America and the Caribbean called "LACNIC On The Move". These events focus on Internet communities, governments and key players of the Internet ecosystem and seek to share information, experiences and best practices on IPv6 deployment; promote the creation of Internet Exchange Points (IXPs); computer security issues; and key global Internet Governance topics currently under discussion.
Following the success of the 2015 editions of "LACNIC Caribbean On the Move," we are now expanding "LACNIC On the Move" to Central America and the Caribbean in order to promote and develop common regional agendas and ensure that all Latin American and Caribbean stakeholders can participate in the construction of an Internet at the service of our social, economic and cultural development.
Each of these events will be held over one or two days; ideally, they will be co-located with another IT-related event in each country. LACNIC has great interest in partnering with other interested organizations, including, but not limited to, professional ICT associations, universities, governments and regulators.
The goals of LACNIC On The Move include:
- Fostering closer relationships among the various Internet actors and stakeholders
- Creating awareness among different audiences about LACNIC, the Internet ecosystem and numbering resources
- Providing information on the technical services offered by LACNIC, including Internet number resource requests, management and certification, and offering a high-level overview of IPv6 network management
- Sharing information on the policies that apply to Internet number resource allocation within the LACNIC Community, Policy Development Processes (PDPs) and other current issues
- Raising awareness on general aspects of Internet governance, key issues such as IPv4 address exhaustion and IPv6 adoption, as well as on specific Internet Governance issues currently under discussion
- Encouraging the Community to participate in LACNIC on important issues affecting regional Internet development